Monday, November 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies and San Antonio


I think this is actually happening. It is actually fall, even here in Texas. There is no doubt about it because I know for a fact that next week is Thanksgiving. I do not have an emotional, nostalgic attachment to this holiday - I did not grow up with it and with my family being far away, in Russia, I cannot hope to sit down to the festive table with those near and dear to me. But I do like PIE! Especially pecan. Especially if it has lots of nuts and just a little of the sweet gooey stuff.

Does anybody have a favorite pie recipe to share? I feel I've baked'em all by now: pumpkin, pecan, vanilla cream, chocolate, even both vanilla AND chocolate at the same time. Yet I am sure I am missing out on some pie gems that I have not heard about. Please enlighten me!!

While waiting for a new, wonderful pie idea why don't I entertain you with a cookie recipe? Along with a few photos from my recent trip.

So here they are: peanut butter cookies and San Antonio.












Peanut Butter Cookies


Makes 36

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2  teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey 
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
sugar for coating
Preheat oven to 375F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whip butter, peanut butter, sugar and honey. Add egg and vanilla, whip until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture.
Shape dough into 36 1-inch balls, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart. If the dough is too sticky to shape, refrigerate until firm. Flatten balls with fork. Bake 7-9 min, until bottoms are slightly brown. Cool on rack.

2 comments:

  1. San Antonio looks deamly quiet and beautiful. Love your recipe and and all the shoots! Have a wonderful week!
    xxxFiC.

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate your comments. There is nothing I like more than the two-way communication with my readers. Because I hate word verification I won't make you look at those squiggly letters... but I do have to moderate to protect from spam :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...